Deschutes Wilderness Therapy (DWT) is an effective and exciting alternative for struggling teens, young adults, and their families, and is the premier wilderness therapy intervention. We are consistently challenging the national therapy frontier. DWT is the home of cutting-edge trauma-informed care & wilderness intervention.
DWT is currently seeking applicants for a Therapist at our beautiful Bend, Oregon location. We would like for this to be a full-time, year-round position.
The DWT Therapist (Therapist) is responsible for supporting the clinical care of DWT clients and ensuring follow through on the clinical model. The onboarding and training period for the Therapist will vary depending upon the Therapist’s previous work in wilderness therapy and experience as a licensed Therapist. In general, every Therapist when starting at DWT will work directly with multiple members of the treatment team, including field instructors and the primary Therapist, may act as a primary Therapist as needed, and reports directly to the Clinical Director. Most new Therapists will start in a more supportive role, being responsible for working with the treatment team to maintain and support a healthy clinical milieu, support extension of individual therapy assignments, and leads intervention and process groups each day they are in the field. As they learn the clinical model and systems unique to DWT, the Therapist gradually takes on their own individual caseload.
The Therapist works in the field two to three days each week based on programming and clinical needs. Field days typically would include travel time to and from the field as well as 4-5 hours of clinical work/day in the field.
- Maintains a healthy clinical milieu
- Conducts daily group therapy sessions and weekly individual sessions with clients
- Supports clinical outcomes across the treatment team
- Provides support and mentoring to nonclinical member of the treatment team
- Completes clinical and other documentation in a timely manner
- Carry an individual caseload, generally starting with 1-2 cases and building up to a maximum of 7 cases over time
- Provides excellent customer service during weekly phone calls with clients’ families and referral partners when acting in the role of primary Therapist
- Self-transporting into and out of the field area with an appropriate personal vehicle. Eligible for monthly automobile stipend
- Master’s Degree in counseling-related field required
- State licensed or proof of license eligibility in Oregon
- 21+ years old
- 1+ years post-graduate experience working in the field with at-risk youth
- Excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations and can walk at least 1 mile over uneven terrain
- Must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Deschutes Wilderness Therapy provides full time employees with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and access to:
Salary: Therapists with less than 5 years experience can expect to make between $60k-$80k annually; Therapists with more than 5 years experience can expect to make between $80k-$120k annually.
- Paid vacation
- Group health, vision, and dental insurance options (available on the first day of the month after 30 days of employment)
- Employee assistance plan
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance
- 401K match up to 2%
- Access to endless outdoor activities including kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, fishing, climbing, and more
- Canine therapy integrated into treatment
- Work with adolescents and emerging adult population
- Extensive learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Team building experiences
- Professional development
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing family of programs
- Opportunity to become an expert in the field of healing trauma and attachment
- Flexible work environment and culture
- Work collaboratively as a member of teams for best outcomes
- Collaboration opportunities with other leading Mental Health Programs
Embark is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Embark is committed to enriching the therapeutic and healing experience it offers through the diversity of its employees and community. Embark seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse staff who will contribute to the organization’s excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society.
To apply for this role, please go to: https://careers-deschuteswildernesstherapy.icims.com/jobs/3163/therapist/job