Confluence Behavioral Health
Title: Field Mentor
Joining the team at Confluence Behavioral Health you can expect an experienced and supportive community focused on advancing the professional skills of our team members. We share a mission to treat young adults suffering from mental health, emotional, and relational challenges in a humanist, caring, and well-boundaried way. As a small and inclusive team, Confluence pays close attention to our community’s shared goals of being growth oriented, an honest and supportive work environment, and well balanced professional and personal lives.
We are looking for curious and compassionate individuals that would like to develop and fine tune their existing skills in Human Services, Communication, Wilderness Based Activities, and Leadership Development. Confluence is ready to invest the time and energy into helping you become the exceptional team member today that will set you up to be a leader tomorrow.
Join our team for a year and you will receive multiple professional certifications, ample paid time off, benefits that include options for relocation funding, student loan repayment, and all of the adventures that New England has to offer during your 6 day long off shifts.
- 8 days on, 6 days off.
- Be a “Near Peer Mentor” for participants.
- Develop professional skills and relationships.
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills with participants and coworkers.
- Facilitate and participate in daily Confluence program activities.
- Collaborate with the clinical team while providing insights and observations.
- Wilderness, but different…learn how our model of treatment compares to other wilderness models.
- Receive up to 3 hours of education and training each shift.
- Continually learn therapeutic and wilderness skills through hands-on experience and weekly onsite trainings.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Non-Seasonal; We Aim to work with Developing Professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required.
- Physically capable of backpacking with a full backpack on uneven terrain.
- Curious, Compassionate, and Courageous.
A Week in the Life:
- 4 days on a wilderness excursion, 4 days at the farmhouse.
- Wilderness excursions activities may include: hiking, camping, xc skiing, snowshoeing, canoeing, rock climbing, teambuilding.
- Farmhouse activities may include: diet and nutrition, arts and crafts, therapeutic groups, community building, fun and games!
- Chef prepared home cooked meals provided daily.
Certifications and Skill Trainings provided:
- WFR + CPR
- Crisis De-Escalation and Management
- Water Safety Course
- Clinical Education and Skills in:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Safe Food Handling
- Additional Certifications Available Upon Request
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary starting at $44,000/Year
- Work Fewer than 200 days a year
- Clear Path for Promotions
- Continued Education and Trainings
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Federal Student Loan Repayment
- Relocation Bonus
- Long Weekends/Off-shifts
Direct Apply: https://confluencevt.bamboohr.com/careers/48