Title: Logistics Director
Location: Lake Toxaway, NC
At Trails Carolina, our wilderness therapy program’s mission is to give children the confidence, coping mechanisms, and communication skills that will help them become the best version of themselves. Throughout our wilderness program, families restore and rebuild their relationship with their child.
We believe that by connecting with nature in a wilderness therapy setting, children can learn to address their unhealthy behaviors, gain valuable personal insights, and learn important lessons. Free from the distractions and negative influences of everyday life, they can focus on their own personal growth and healing process.
Our multidisciplinary team of caring, expert staff work together to guide their unique path to psychological and emotional wellness. This journey can lead to a renewed sense of self and a happier, healthier future brimming with opportunity.
The Student Life Logistics Director oversees one of the foundational departments of our program. The logistics department ensures our students are properly outfitted, transported from base camp to trailhead, medical appointments, and beyond, fulfills resupply for groups, and supports all of our students at multiple locations in the field.
As the leader of this team you must:
- Have a minimum of 3 years leadership / supervisory experience
- Be more than a creative problem solver by being able to make decisions that impact multiple organizational systems and departments.
- Have strong interpersonal and written communication
- Be passionate about mentoring others and take ownership in the development of your staff
- Have experience developing and leading interdepartmental training
- Enjoy nature and are comfortable being outside for long periods of time in all conditions.
It is our preference that you have:
- Experience working in an outdoor setting
- Experience working in a mental health setting
- Experience with vehicle fleet management
- Experience creating scheduled with the ability to improvise and adapt to changing environments
- Responsible for the immediate physical health, safety, and welfare of students when in direct supervision
- Responsible for understanding, reviewing, revising, and implementing departmental policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Acts with integrity, respect, and discretion, leads by example, demonstrates a positive company culture encompassing the core principles of the company, and inspires staff and students to do the same.
- Oversight and management of logistical staff including: hiring, training, performance evaluation, professional development, and providing interdepartmental training as it applies to logistical responsibilities and services.
- Manages the company vehicle fleet, following company transportation policy & procedures and scheduling routine and as-needed maintenance.
- Coordinates appointments and transportation of staff, clients, program gear, and supplies to and from the field, between site locations, etc.
- Manages all aspects of maintaining appropriate levels of a program inventory, gear, and supplies, including ordering, storage, maintenance, and repair
- manages incoming student processes, including outfittings, safety search, and property inventory and storage.
- Serves as a member of the “Primary Response” (24 hour on call) team
Salary: 50-60k per year BOE
Contact: Kyle Shepard,MS CTRS, Experiential Education Director; firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Apply: https://trailscarolina.com/employment-opportunities/