Description: The Field Specialist is a core member of the New Vision Wilderness Field Leadership team who supports all aspects of field operations for the group(s) they are assigned. The Field Specialist acts as a bridge between the clinical and direct care teams to ensure everyone is working towards the same goals. Field Specialists grow strong Therapeutic Relationships with the students in our care and are integral players throughout a students journey at NVW.
We are hiring this seasonal position with a start date of May 1 working through August 31st, opportunities for continued employment in a similar or different position may be available based on interest and at the discretion of he supervisor.
- This position holds a minimum requirement of 1 night/3 days in the field per week.
Oversight of field operations and logistics:
- Training, mentoring, and support of field staff.
- Ensure physical and emotional safety for all staff and students.
- Assist in placement, travel details, and needs of each group
- Assist in enrollments, discharges, observers, and tours as needed.
- Ensure that the program Policies and Procedures are being followed at all times.
- Ensure appropriate and effective behavioral interventions are in place in cooperation with the Clinical Team.
- Work to sustain NVW Core Values and Clinical Modality.
- Fill in as field staff as needed based on scheduling needs, and/or staff and student crises.
- Field Specialist will be on call with cell phone and radio and be available to respond to field crisis situations, provide on-call field support assistance to field instructors, and on occasion receive nightly check-ins from field staff.
Any other duties as assigned by Program Director or Executive Director.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree or comparable experience working in the adventure or outdoor field with at-risk youth is required.
- Must possess and maintain current Wilderness First Responder and CPR certification and must have completed company provided SCM (Safe Crisis Management).
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations
- Must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Oral Expression – ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Deductive Reasoning – ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Oral Comprehension – ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity – ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Written Comprehension – ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Requirements to be completed within the 90-Day Integration Period:
- 90-Day Evaluation
- New Hire paperwork completed and submitted to HR
- Attend pertinent Staff Meetings/Trainings/Alignment Calls
- Sitting – employee is required at times to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area
- Standing – the employee is required at times to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area
- Walking – the employee is required at times to walk moderate distances in the field areas during the course of his or her work outdoors
- Carrying – the employee is required at times to carry objects in his or her arms and must have full mobility of arms to perform job
- Stooping and Crouching- the employee is required to bend forward by bending at the waist or by bending legs and spine in order to perform job.
Contact: David Puhl, Program Director: email@example.com
Or direct apply at: Field Specialist Seasonal